Thursday, 1 May 2014

Finally!

I have been tinkering with a t-shirt pattern that I want to wear for a very long time. I've been close a few times, but there was always a problem with the sleeves, or the fit at the bust, or waist or length or something. I think my tinkering has finally paid off.
I've finally got a pattern I like, and that looks good. It's pretty much self drafted, and fits great around the bust, and hangs nicely from there (I don't want anything snug around my waist or hips - not an attractive sight right now...




I've used a royal blue knit I had hanging around, and like it so much I plan on a few more of these, some with shorter sleeves, and some like this one with 3/4 sleeves. There's two tiny tucks in the neckline - I may or may not draft those out on the next one - they don't detract from the fit, and they are a bit of interest in an otherwise plain top. One disclaimer - My bust is larger than my mannequin's, so if the front looks like it hangs funny at the hem in these pictures, it straightens out when I wear it!

2 comments :

  1. I love that color of blue, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me of another I saw recently about making a custom pattern! I have yet to try that, but maybe I will get brave and try it!

    http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?p=3157

    ReplyDelete