Tuesday, 8 April 2014

pearls and sparkles

You guys are great for the ego! Such nice comments yesterday! I hope that means you aren't tired of the beads yet - there's lots more to come...


For this one I took grey pearls, and tri-cut beads (they're extra sparkly) and strung them up in a specific pattern:

Knit in garter stitch (really - that's all it is, garter stitch), stringing the beads in the pattern:

Stuff it all on possibly-too-short needles (must ask my husband if he can make me longer ones...):

Knit till you run out of beads, and voila! A fantastic necklace.
I actually overestimated this one - it's longer than I wanted, so I may one day rip it out and make it shorter and wider, but for now, I'm kind of in love with it.

I love how the satiny finish of the pearls works against the sparkle of the seed beads.

I've been trying to use up my bead stash without buying any more, but this has me craving more pearls...

4 comments :

  1. Ditto. Hope you go out someplace fancy to show off your new jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee whiz, I get busy and you go all beady without me! I love this. I completely understand why the urge is there for more pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You're so talented! It looks very complicated to make.

    ReplyDelete