Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Aranami done

Aranami is done, and it's MINE!



I am so happy with how this turned out - the alpaca and silk and llama is luxurious and soft and warm, and the colours are just what I was hoping for.
If there's anything I would change, it would be the weight - this DK weight is a little heavy for the size of the shawl/scarf.
Although technically a shawl, I"m wearing it as a scarf, bunched up around my neck, with the ends tucked in, because I just look like an idiot in shawls.
While the knitting wad done a while ago, the construction of this scarf makes for a lot of ends...

I had to force myself to sit down and sew these all in. I had really wanted to wear it to Knit Night last week, so that was my goal, and minutes before I left, I clipped the last end.

There was some left overs from 4 of the 5 colours (I did end up buying an extra skein of the black, but I couldn't get any more of the darkest grey. It was tense at the end of that particular run of colour - I finished with about a metre of yarn left over...
BUt there was plenty of the other shades:


Since this yarn was such a joy to work with, I wanted to use up the leftovers - here's a hint...



5 comments :

  1. I can hardly wait to look for my colours at the Frolic for my own Aranami and I hope mine turns out as nice as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous work! You almost want to wear a big visible tag on it that says "I made this!". So...sock or mitten next? Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of ends to tuck in but it was worth it. Wow! It looks great! I love the design and the colors. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After playing with the monstersock ends, these ends look perfectly normal. STunning Shawl. I love that mystical little almost sheen that alpaca has!

    ReplyDelete