Monday, 6 January 2014

What I knitted in the dark...

While the power was out, I had two option for knitting - in the darkness, and by candle and flash light, I knit socks - easy rounds of stockinette, and I can always use additions to the big bag o' socks.
No pictures, as they aren't finished, and tubes of unfinished stockinette are just boring.

During the day, when there was light, I worked on and finished by 100% Alpaca Dipped Infinity Scarf.


Lovely bit of knitting, if I do say so myself. The colour is truer in the bottom picture around my neck. Figure that out - the upper picture is taken in natural sunlight, the lower one in a bathroom mirror.

This is a great pattern, and one I would probably knit again. The 100% is incredibly luxurious, and beyond soft. However... it's also quite heavy and has stretched out quite a bit. I can actually wrap it three times around my neck now! I need to block it again, I think. I love the colour changes (accomplished by knitting two strands together and changing them out at different times). I can see this in rainbow colours and any other ombre or colour combo - it's a keeper pattern, Just maybe not in 100% alpaca again.


1 comment :

  1. Ooooh! I love it! The color changes are really nice and so are the colors. The pattern is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete