Monday, 27 January 2014

So grey...

I picked the absolute worst time of year to be knitting grey... 
As lovely as this Honey Cowl is, it's grey. and my Aranami Shawl? Grey and black. I know better than to knit grey in January, and especially this January - we have been Polar Vortexed to death! It's cold and snowy, and yes, I know it's Canada in winter, but even we have limits...

I swear, I'll do it. My philosophy is that if you complain about the cold, you can't complain about the heat. I do like winter, and I love snow, but come on! When the snowbanks are so big I can't see around them when I'm backing out my car, and the snowploughs can't get it all off the road, and then it freezes in ruts and stuff, I'm done.
And I know it's only January, and we have at least another couple of months... but I'm truly ready to sit in my Muskoka chair by the beach and knit and read...

In the meantime, I'm finishing this lovely Honey cowl for a friend, and my Aranami for me, and looking for something else to break up the drifts of grey...

4 comments :

  1. Summer is nice, but I'm really looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently there are some benefits to the cold - kills off the mosquito/black fly larvae so we'll have fewer to deal with come spring and the ice keeps the water levels from evaporating and depleting. They'd better be right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL here. I am going to remain positive. I am going to remain positive. And again. One thing I do notice is that the negative parts of winter that you describe are easier to deal with when you don't have to commute to work. Or be places on time. Something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can send you some hot pink yarn. Its a lovely bright colour but it needs absolute black to balance its boldness.

    ReplyDelete