Wednesday, 20 November 2013

making it easier

I love wrapping gifts. (Yes, I know I'm strange - I hear it from my family all the time), but I really do love the whole wrapping paper, gorgeous ribbon (fabric ones or unique raffia type - never that fake satin stuff), and ornament stuff. I take pride in my wrapping and put effort into it.
However, this year, I'm taking a different track. I'm going greener, and create less waste and stuff.
So I'm making bags.

Lots of bags.

Green bags.

Red bags.

All kinds and all sizes of drawstring fabric bags. (I also have some gold toned fabrics, and some cartoony type fabrics.) There will be more bags.

I may have a bit of an addiction to fabric bags...

6 comments :

  1. The bag-over-paper system is fabulous! I've made enough bags for all the "stay in the house" gifts when the kids were very small. I also hemmed pieces of fabric of varying sizes to function like wrapping paper. I keep a box of beautiful ribbons to use with all the bags and fabric wrapping. We have no garbage Christmas morning and those bags are a big part of our holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom took the fabric bag route some years ago, sewing lots of different sizes. I remember the first year we used them. What a difference from a big garbage bag full of wrapping paper and ribbon (which generally can't be recycled) to a modest stack of fabric bags and their cloth ribbons set aside for the next Christmas - all they needed was a quick iron. They are still in use today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom took the fabric bag route some years ago, sewing lots of different sizes. I remember the first year we used them. What a difference from a big garbage bag full of wrapping paper and ribbon (which generally can't be recycled) to a modest stack of fabric bags and their cloth ribbons set aside for the next Christmas - all they needed was a quick iron. They are still in use today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wrapping too. I have since I was a kid. I've even had people ask me to wrap for them. I love the fabric bag idea though! I just might do that too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fabric gift bags too ... they're so much quieter on Christmas morning than annoying rustling paper! We're still using some bags that were given away at some gas station years ago.

    ReplyDelete