Monday, 18 November 2013

Could NOT resist!

I had to do some work-related store checks the other day. (I know, it's a tough life - going to stores to check on products and placements, etc.) I forced myself to the new(ish) Target in our town to check it out. I have to say, while I do like the stuff at Target, the prices are higher than I would have expected. I don't find myself shopping there all that often. I do shop there, just not all that often...

But in my wanderings through the Christmas section, I found these:


And then in Housewares, these:

I dare any of you to have left them behind! The ornaments are cool and all, but CABLE KNIT CANDLES! Seriously - CABLE KNIT CANDLES! (Why I felt the need to buy FIVE is beyond me, but really... CABLE KNIT CANDLES!

And yes, I will burn them. I hate seeing candles sit around getting dusty because you don't want to use them up. While they may be CABLE KNIT CANDLES!, they are really just wax and are meant to be used. So they will be.

7 comments :

  1. You bought 5 because bunches of things are always best in odd numbers and of course being CABLE KNIT CANDLES, buying only one was out of the question and how could you stop at just 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has some great Christmas stuff this year. We bought some knitted skiers and a few other things. I didn't see those mittens or candles though. I may have to go back and look again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never stepped foot into a Target, although there's one in the next town over. If someone can knit, and knit cables(!) out of wax, they have my complete admiration ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty nifty! And yes, candles do need to be used. They should not be permanent decor.

    I'm with you re. Target. Prices not the greatest but I do appreciate that it's a huge amount cleaner than the Wal Mart stores. I've been a few times, but it's not a go-to for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to go check out our target. Oh wait, its next the mall and during this time of year, people be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Sorry, I missed that. Did you say CABLE KNIT CANDLES? Only multiple times. Guess you like them, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's SO cool! I need to go see if our Target has those, thank you for the heads-up!

    My hubby looked at the screen, told me to go ahead, and now I have the perfect Christmas present quietly in a box that I (heh) don't know about, waiting for the day: a leather tote (I badly need a new purse, I tend to have just one and wear it out and mine's worn out) and it has embossed knitted cables up the front. I love it.

    ReplyDelete