Monday, 25 November 2013

busy week!

Sorry for the lack of photos right now, but it's a bit of a busy week, and this may be the only time I have to stop by...
A little update on what's been going on at Chez Curlerchik...

the boy was chosen for the High School Jr. basketball team - one of only 3 grade nines to make it! We are very happy and proud of him. He's also running indoor track, and gave up his place on the curling team due to too many commitments. He has a lot of early morning practices and after school commitments ahead of him! He also aced his mid-term report - all four subjects in the nineties - his hard work is paying off!

This past Saturday was my birthday. Now, I've always been one to tell the family to not go to any trouble - I don't really celebrate them much. (Funnily enough, I will go over the top for other people's birthdays...) But... The family has taken it too far, and should be told that while they don't have to go to any TROUBLE, and little EFFORT would be appreciated. My husband ans son gave me cards and flowers in the morning, then that was it. My Mom called from Florida, and my brother emailed. I heard from two of my husband's four siblings, and nothing at all from my MIL. (She will be mortified when she realizes she missed it, but I"m not telling her...) I got tons of well wishes from friends, which simply reinforces why I agree with the adage, "You can choose your friends, you're stuck with your family".
I'm past it now, but it still kind of bugged me at the time. NOT EVEN A CUPCAKE!!

Christmas knitting continues apace. The orange, navy and white silk/mohair scarf is about 6.5 feet long and will be bound off shortly. I have a few little bits and bobs to make still, but nothing that is looming like a vulture.

Christmas itself will be... interesting. My husband's family is making so I want to ignore them completely and just stay for the day at my brothers, but we have obligations. I love Christmas whole heartedly, and hate that these people can suck the joy out of the day with a single email. I plan on getting through the day with wine (Scotch if it gets bad...) and the thought that we will head to the cottage on the 27th and stay through New Years.

Okay. Thanks for listening to me vent. I feel much better now. Back to my regular self soon!

6 comments :

  1. I could've written this post ;) Mother's Day is right there too. I hope you don't have to resort to the Scotch ... a few days in the woods at the end of it all will be the perfect tonic ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee. Be careful what you wish for, eh? It's a guy thing.

    Happy Happy Belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I feel REALLY bad about the molten squares...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday! Set your fax to recieve mode, I am sending you Scotch. You never know when an active fax will gum up and we want to be prepared for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like my birthday every year. Except I don't even get flowers or a card from my family. I'm more likely to get a card or gift from my MIL than I am from my husband LOL. I buy myself my own gift with birthday money from my step-grandma :) Hope you have a great Christmas despite family!

    ReplyDelete