Wednesday, 30 October 2013

seems I can't knit just one...

These beer mitts are like potato chips - I can't seem to stop making them.
It's not that the knitting is that fascinating (it's just stockinette, after all...) but the more I make, the more people I think of that would like them, so I cast on for another one. Luckily they don't take long, or much thought - perfect for car knitting or basketball games. (the boy is playing in a new league this year, so I have a whole new group of people to freak out with the knitting - it' fun!
Since taking the above picture, I've finished the brown one at the bottom (my niece attend Brown University, what other colour would I make for her??) and have cast on another tonal brown one for her boyfriend, who is also at Brown. Then there's my brother and SIL, cottage neighbours, and our own cottage will need a supply... it's rather never ending...

Looks like my idea of having my Christmas knitting done by now has fallen by the wayside as it seems to do every year

5 comments :

  1. You are such a good person. It is soooo rare that I knit for anyone but myself and when I do make something for anyone else I am frankly anxious to get back to knitting for me, me, me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been very busy! What are beer mitts? Fingerless mitts? Sounds like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Sandra, but this is where our separated at birth scenario separates big time. I am with Sel & Poivre on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I decided this year I am not knitting many gifts for Xmas, but might make a bunch more of those Cameo scarves for teachers gifts... quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete