Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Going to (sort of) surprise a friend

One of my oldest friends is a watermelon fanatic. I mean a REAL watermelon fanatic - she loves all things watermelon looking, flavoured, you name it.
So when Deb of DyeHard Fibre told me she has a watermelon striping sock weight wool, I had to have it. (You can get her yarns at The Yarn Store in Newmarket). It stripes up in watermelony colours - green, a touch of white, pink with black dots, a touch of white, green... I was thinking of socks, but I think she would prefer a scarf. G was the first person to talk to me when I moved to Ontario, and started a new school midway through grade one - we stayed best friends all the way through high school and beyond. Different universities, and living in different cities doesn't stop us. We don't talk daily, but we are always connected.
I showed this to her on Facebook, and she LOVED it!
Now I have to find the time to knit it...

5 comments :

  1. That's pretty nice stuff! And no seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn ... how nice that you've been able to keep in touch with such a special friend. I too have two good friends from elementary school, and we keep in touch regularly. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! They're going to be awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Old friends are the best kind except for new friends. They are the best kind too!

    ReplyDelete