Thursday, 22 August 2013

Jenny's scarf

Most of you know about Jenny - my friend and colleague who had a serious car accident in May, that left her with severe brain and spine injuries. She's been at St. Michael's Hospital since then, getting the best possible care, and has recently moved to a rehab centre.
She's still not really back, but there have been positive signs of improvement. She's in there, and desperately trying to get out, and come back to us. She reacts to voices and smells and sights, and is getting phenomenal care and therapy.
I felt like I had to do something, so I did what I like to do - make something special.
I started this Glamour Scarf by Fiddlesticks knitting, and worked on it on and off, but made a concerted effort to finish it while away on vacation. And I did. I cast it off while at the cottage, and blocked it when I got back. Now it's wrapped and ready for Jenny.
Blocking shots:




Wrapped on my mannequin:




I love this scarf - it's perfectly Jenny. Delicate looking, but strong. I can't wait to see her reaction!

5 comments :

  1. Amazing how something from not even one full ball of yarn can produce something of this generous size when all blocked out. Gorgeous and love the colour. Jenny will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally amazing! Jenny is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular!!
    It looks like it blocked out to a decent size despite your concerns.
    Definitely an incentive for Jenny to make a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful. Hopefully it will be worn in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so pretty! It's great to hear Jenny is improving. Wendy

    ReplyDelete