Monday, 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!

What a great weekend at the cottage... We started with an early arrival Friday night, in time for dinner with the neighbours. It gave us a chance to give the blue Icelandic sweater as a birthday gift, without having the rest of our family there (we are closest friends with the neighbours and the sweater was more than anyone else would be giving, and might have been a bit embarrassing for the family...) After dinner was a cutthroat game of Wizard (and far too much wine...)
We also spent time each day of the weekend tubing

brand new tube that holds four of them - the guy at the back has to kneel and hang on, instead of sitting - by day three of the weekend, they were just going in threes...
But we did manage to dump one girl (she's fine!),
and also dump my son (who looked like he was doing a handstand).

And we even dumped all four of hem at one point - it was pretty cool...
I can't think of a better way to spend Canada's birthday - time outside at the cottage with friends and family. I hope everyone else had as good a time. (And while I may have lost at Wizard the first night, I came back strong the next night!).
I also spent a lot of time knitting - finished one Burberry sock, started a beautiful Turtlepurl unknown colourway sock, made another hedgehog, and worked on Jenny's lace scarf. And if my camera battery hadn't died, I would have pictures of all that.
Soon, I promise!!


1 comment :