Friday, 14 June 2013

Icelandic, take 2

Knowing me as well as I do, I figured I'd better start this second sweater before I lost all interest in heavy wool colour work. (I tend to get distracted by things. In case you didn't know.)
Also, I knew I'd have to do the sleeves first, because once the body was done, putting it down to do the sleeves before starting the colourwork yoke (i.e. the FUN part...) would annoy me.
So I did. And I started the body as well (I've had some car passenger time that was given over to sweaters instead of socks lately...)

The other thing that is keeping me going on this (because of the July 1 deadline...) are the COLOURS! Love this combo! The heathered pink and green against the heathery blue is so pretty and perfect for this girl! I know she'll love it.

3 comments :

  1. If you're going to do that kind of heavy colourwork at this time of year how great the colours are so "Springy"! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as how the weather hasn't really gotten around to being spring like yet, you might as well do heavy wool colour work. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much as I love the warm naturals, this is fantastic. And fun. There is room for a little of everything in colours!

    ReplyDelete