Monday, 6 May 2013

Killing time

In the week before the Knitter's Frolic, I didn't want to get involved in a big project - I knew I was going to start the Lopi sweater that is a gift as soon as I got the yarn at the Frolic, so I wanted something small to keep me occupied. Of course there are always socks, but those really are my travel and game knitting - I could do something with charts while at home.
Enter the Christmas ornament!
I've made a bunch of these already - for my tree last Christmas and some gifts. They were so well received, and are so easy to make, they are the perfect time filler.

I've charted a bunch of names (still have a few more to go - lots of friends and family in my life!!), but I still love the fair isle ones!
The perfect filler project! They take about an evening to work up - great for TV knitting...

5 comments :

  1. This is the part that confirmms we are NOT twins separated at birth. Christmas ornaments in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently saw a book in Chapters of knitted Christmas ornaments ... they had some of the fancy fair isle patterns and many MANY more. Do you stuff them with fibre fill, or are they slipped over a plain ball? Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup a nice little "palette cleanser"!

    ReplyDelete