Monday, 22 April 2013

SO close!

My blanket is almost done...


I still have a few ends to sew in,


and there is discussion of a border. The Knit Night-ers have all had opinions, and I have to agree with Deb - a few rows of double crochet around the whole thing will give the edges some stability - I'm thinking one row of the Noro I have left over, then a couple of rows of black to ground it.

As it is, it's usable, and will probably live right here in our bedroom. While I give away most of what I knit, I have no overwhelming urge to gift this. I want to keep it!

5 comments :

  1. What a fabulous piece - I wouldn't give it away either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too hard won by your hands and you give away many other fabulous items. So I'm with you, definitely keep this one. It's an heirloom for your own family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am once again stunned with the images of this blanket! It's like a painting! I couldn't part with it either and it'll bring great happiness to you to see it on your own bed every day. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I like the border idea you described. I think it'll look great! So glad you're keeping it for yourself. It's important to keep some of your handmade treasures to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete