Wednesday, 24 April 2013

a pattern so nice, I made it twice

I was at knit night at the Yarn Store a few weeks ago, and they were displaying some new yarns. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for new yarns, so I had to try them out.

Cascade Casablanca and Estelle Sakura Silk

the Casablanca is a 59% wool - 24% silk - 17% mohair blend, and the Sakura is 50% silk - 30% cotton - 20% acrylic.

I knit both using the Urban Lace Infinity scarf pattern (free with the yarn purchase!) - basically, a feather and fan length that is grafted together. So easy and nice - I knit both in a week (Only the Casablanca one got blocked in time for the next knit night...)

They are both gorgeous and fun. Both will be going into the gift box, and both will find a great home at some time this year. There's a few other colours in both yarns that I love - who knows?

3 comments :

  1. I can see why you couldn't resist these yarns. The colors are so pretty. Looks like a fun pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on the left are so perfect for this time of year! How can you resist wearing it?

    ReplyDelete