Friday, 1 March 2013

the sock pile continues to grow


Socks are my go-to knitting for travel and other times when I need to concentrate on what is happening around me. This is a good thing, since I end up making quite a few pairs over the course of a year, and most of them become gifts at Christmas.
It's been a good year since Christmas for sock knitting - for whatever reason, I have a good start of the sock pile for next Christmas.
From left to right -



Blue socks - Dye Version merino nylon blend. Yummy, yummy stuff. There's only one here right now, the other one is one of my current car knits.


Dye Version does a wonderful job of dying - no pooling, no piles of colour, just a wonderful tie-dyed effect. This is a slightly rustic, woolly feeling sock - perfect for any number of the guys on my sock list (If I don't keep it for myself).


Next to that is a pair of Lorna's Laces sport weight wool, that has been marinating in the stash for at least 5 or 6 years. Not as finely knit (my normal sock needle is a 2.25mm, these were knit with a 2.75mm. A little thicker, but oh so soft, and quite manly colours for a guy that has trouble with anything remotely considered girly...


Like these ones. Muted tones of pinks, blues and greens, that give an overall grey tone. Very nice yarn, and I wish I could find the ball band to tell you what it is. Alas, it was an orphan found in the sock stash. (been here almost as long as the Lorna's Laces...)

Last but not least, a pair of stretch cotton socks in a vibrant red. I have a few people that like the thicker cotton type socks. I will have no problem finding an owner for these.

There's also a varigated red (I think its a Tanis sock yarn) that is currently in rotation of car knitting, but it's close to the toe shaping, so I have to do that when I can concentrate on the decreases.






4 comments :

  1. Great looking socks! This is one thing (among many!) that I have yet to try. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lot of socks since Christmas !! Your gift box will be brimming in no time, nice job AND lovely yarns too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how many socks you knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the Dye Version stuff it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete