Wednesday, 27 March 2013

thanks for all the suggestions

That single skein of Noro Taiyo sock was obviously well loved by people - I got lots of suggestions. It came down to technique - did I want to machine knit it? Brenda supplied me with a link to a great pattern for my LK-150. Or did I want to weave it? I have both LeClerc and Cricket looms, so I had options that way. Susan and Robyn both suggested weaving.
While both are great ideas, I'm leaning to the weaving. I have some wonderful alpaca laceweight in a coodinationg colour that I could use as a weft, and use the Noro as the warp.
Of course, I have so many projects on the go right now - this will have to wait. Plus, I really want to use the machine knit pattern Brenda gave me, so I have to get a project off the LK-150 so I can get at it.
Oh, and since I would want to use my Cricket to weave the Noro, I'd best get the silk scarf I'm weaving off that as well. Not to mention the three current in progress projects (blanket, hoodie and cowl) and a few sock projects on the go.

Then Carol goes and suggests fingerless mitts - hmmm... I do love those...

Never enough time...

3 comments :

  1. Maybe it needs to sit a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the link for the LK150 project? I have yarn like this and am always looking for new projects for it on the machines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    I need to get down to Toronto (Aurora) and have you show me how to use my loom!

    ReplyDelete