Monday, 4 March 2013

jumping on a band wagon

I'm not usually a band wagon knitter. I've never made a Clapotis, nor have I made Monkey Socks. But this. This I couldn't resist. Colour Affection.
The colours are more like the bottom picture, but the shine is more like the top picture. Because I'm using silk. 100%, gloriously, silky, heavyweight delicious silk. I bought three colours of this silk in Kitchener, planning on a cardigan at one time, but then, it just sort of worked out for this. I have a mossy green, a muted pumpkin orange and a lovely, grounded taupe.
 
 
The shine shows up best above, the actual colours are better below.

So I've jumped on the Colour Affection bandwagon, and I'm pretty happy I have.

4 comments :

  1. Uh oh, I think that now means I am the ONLY knitter not to work this shawl (or any of the others you cite!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo. I am glad to have a new member in my support group for those knitters who have never knit a Clapotis. For a long time, thought I was the only member, worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have knit Clapotis and Monkeys and you have knit Color Affection, if we were one person we would be average! Vive le difference! la?

    ReplyDelete