Monday, 25 March 2013

Helping a friend as I can

I have a friend. (actually, I have more than one, but this is about a particular friend). She started out as a friend of a friend, but has become a friend.

She is going through a shitstorm right now (sorry, but that's the only way to describe it), with a husband that is making her life bad beyond comprehension. She has finally got him out of the house, and has started proceedings, but its rough. She also has two university aged kids, who have also dealt with the family issues, and the three of them have come through it reasonably well, but they will all need professional help to see that they were victims in this situation, not part of the problem.

There's little that can be done other than provide a shoulder, a hug, and protection where possible. She has a cadre of people willing to help, many of whom live closer than I do.

So I'm doing what I can. It's not much, and it's as much to make me feel like I'm doing something. But it's pretty, it's her favourite colours, and it will let her know I care.

It's a simple feather and fan cowl, using some luscious Ella Rae merino. I love the fact that the fabric that is created using feather and fan is 3/4 stockinette stitch. that one patterned row makes this beautiful fabric.

I hope when she wraps this around her neck, she feels the warmth no from just the wool, but from her friends.

5 comments :

  1. I think anyone could use a hug through a homemade gift made by a friend. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the meaning you've knitted into this cowl. It certainly is beautiful! Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, sometimes a yarny hug is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featherfan is lovely.I am sure your friend will feel the care you have for her. MOJO to your friend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It the hug you can wear whenever you need it.

    ReplyDelete