Wednesday, 30 January 2013

More fabric bits

Knit Night at the Yarn Store has commenced again! My Wednesday nights knitting with the girls are back, and I couldn't be happier. Of course, that means I have to walk through the Quilt Store to get to our knitting nook, and well, that always causes me problems. Good problems, but still...

I cannot walk by those baskets of end cuts without picturing project bags! And the cuts are so inexpensive - never more that $4.00 each, and often less than that.  How am I supposed to resist that?
These were the latest purchases - 3 cuts of nice weight quilting fabrics.
A pink floral with hits of blue, purple and green,
an abstract floral print (which Nancy is coveting)
and a beautiful blue hydrangea print. I love hydrangeas - I have them at home and at the cottage. I've already made one bag of the pink, and sent it off to a friend that could use a little pick-me-up - I'll let her share if she wants. The others will be bags as soon as I can get into my sewing room (been a little busy, lately...) Of course, this will bring me to a ridiculous number of project bags in my possession. Even I don't have that may UFOs to need so many bags. So that means... giveaways! Once they are done, I'll give some away. Sound good?

5 comments :

  1. One can never have too many bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two other great projects are snack bags (I like the ones with a flip over top like the plastic sandwich bags, but I make the flap fairly deep, instead of velcro or zippers) and neck coolers.
    But if you want to sew bags to give away, I won't stop you LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...knit night being back and having to walk through fabric to get to it...I'd say that's double fun! Lucky you! Love your new fabric purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can have too many project bags???!?! Wellll,if you MUST give some away........ *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can have too many project bags???!?! Wellll,if you MUST give some away........ *grin*

    ReplyDelete