Friday, 14 December 2012

It's not epic, but it is a fail...

The Morgan hat I was planning for my boss. Not that there's anything wrong with the pattern (although it is a bit fiddly...), it's just not for a relatively staid gentleman of a certain age. (okay, a grandfather of 62, who is a great guy, but not exactly hip...) Hip is what the Morgan is - its perfect for a hipster type person, who can carry off the slightly floppy style this is.




So I needed to salvage what I could and get something for my boss. Enter the two skeins of Madeline Tosh D in Tart (red) and the black colourway that I can't remember the name of. I know he loves scarfs, and loves red, so mistake red it is. It's a big save - a beautiful, soft, squooshy scarf in a two row repeat.
Add this to a pair of socks that I have for him, and the gift will be done!

2 comments :

  1. The scarf is my favourite colour combination, but I am blown away by the hat. I was going to make one of these for son2. Best get on that.

    ReplyDelete